Overseas Friends of India Canada in collaboration with the High Commission of India, Ottawa organized an online Webinar (seminar) for international Indian students on Friday May 01, 2020 from 2.00 PM to 3.20 PM.
Purpose of this Webinar was to provide information on obtaining assistance during this COVID-19 period.
Webinar mainly focused on the following topics:
- Obtaining online access to their CRA account
- Applying for employment insurance and/or Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Filing basic Canadian income tax return
- Contacting various community resources to obtain assistance
- Dealing with landlord and tenancy issues
- Accessing services provided by High Commission of India, Ottawa
- Summer Student internship programs
- Dealing with stress, anxiety and other related mental health issues
- A panel of experienced professionals provided relevant advice to the international students. For more information, please email info@supportofic-ca
Link to Recording
May 1, 2020